Your fun isn’t only limited to luxury trips on a plane. Sometimes road trips seem fun and so does a normal visit to the supermarket. Good music plays an important role, however, without a proper set-up, music doesn’t seem to appeal. So, install something that can make a change. A car subwoofer should be powerful and produce pristine bass for your enjoyment. It lets you feel the bass and enjoy all the beats.
Need one such gem for your car? In this car subwoofer review, you will get to know about all the brands that are worthy of your purchase. Keep reading and reviewing until you have settled.
List of Best Car Subwoofers Review
10. Alpine Type R Car Subwoofer
If you are looking for such a bare subwoofer system for your car, you can go for the Alpine. This is a terrific subwoofer with high-end internal systems to great quality sound. One of the components used to make the cone is Kevlar which is an extra-tough fiber and makes the cone very durable. The peak power goes all the way up to 3000 watts and it is sensitive to loudness of 84.7 dB.
Furthermore, the subwoofer responds to sound frequencies in the range of 24 to 200 kHz. The entire woofer system is 12-inches in diameter and is ideally suited for hatchbacks, SUVs, and other such cars.
- This comes with a power handling capacity of 750 to 2250watts of RMS power.
- The depth of the mount is just 6 3/8-inches while the cut-out diameter will go up to 10 7/8-inches.
- It has a weight of 11 kilograms that is pretty handy when doing an installation.
9. MTX TNE212DV Subwoofer
A terrific subwoofer goes a long way to enrich the audio experience in a car. And the MTX TNE212DV Subwoofer will be an excellent choice for that. This subwoofer system can easily 500 watts RMS power to give you a grand experience. If you like your music loud it can go up to 2000 watts at its peak. There are two 12-inches subwoofer systems integrated into the box for the most optimum experience. The engineers have also made it certain that the enclosure is idyllic for the proper transition of sound waves.
A lovely thing about this subwoofer is the integrated Spider Plateau Venting. This is an impressive cooling technology. Thus, has a simple mechanism to allow fresh air to pass in over the coil. So, keep cooling it to ensure that the subwoofer has a long life.
- Has an extremely lightweight body allowing you to easily install it into your car.
- This subwoofer even has dust caps made from PP to ensure that its life is further lengthened.
- The exterior body that encapsulates the subwoofer system is crafted from 5/8-inches thick MDF boards. This certainly adds strength to the lightweight body.
8. JBL GT-BassPro 12 Subwoofer System
JBL is a trusted brand when it comes to audio devices and they have not failed the expectations with the JBL GT-BassPro. This immersive audio subwoofer comes wrapped in an enclosure designed. This ensures that the sound flowing put of them is smooth and crisp. The cones are integrated with GT Bass Progressive Spider technology. This plays a major role in controlling their movement.
Besides, it has an in-built amplifier system that can run at 150 watts RMS with a peak at 450 watts. You will also get a remote control feature which makes controlling this subwoofer system super easy.
- The enclosure in which the subwoofer cone is installed has the slipstream port. Well, this was patented for its convenience in minimizing any turbulence.
- The coils that run within the subwoofer are likely to get heated up over time. However, the center pole component in the subwoofer ensures efficient cooling.
- You get an automatic on and off function in it to save some energy.
7. MTX Audio 5500Series 5512-44 Car Subwoofer
Indeed a durable subwoofer with a high impact offering top-notch quality sound. MTXC is a trusted brand when it comes to any kind of audio device and this product is no exception. The best feature incorporated into this subwoofer is cooling technology. Next, the apex surround in an inverted manner makes way for impressive heat dissipation.
As a matter of fact, it is designed to absorb all the accumulated heat above the coils. Hence, radiate it out onto the open through the backplate. It also does quite a superior job of dissipating heat that you can know from using this subwoofer.
- The compression terminals incorporated into these subwoofers are very easy to connect. Hence, goes on to make the installation process super easy.
- It provides full-proof cooling of the coils within the subwoofer ensuring long life and clear sounds at all times.
- This subwoofer is super lightweight at just 10.7 pounds making it very easy to e installed even by you.
6. Kicker 43CWR84 CompR Car Subwoofer
For a simple replacement woofer for your car, you will do well by considering the Kicker 43CWR48 CompR. This is an amazing 8-inches woofer with dual coils integrated within for exceptional bass quality. The subwoofer may be small but is power-packed and can give an output power if 300 watts RMS.
Moreover, the peak is reached at 600 watts of power. The coil has a 4-ohm resistance allowing easy and smooth flow of sound waves. It is crafted from very high-end material which ensures that your subwoofer will last you a long period.
- A great thing about such a small system is that you can set it up in a closed as well as in a vented enclosure. And that also without compromising the sound quality.
- The subwoofer boasts of stacked magnetic components within it which is an efficient method for power handling.
- You will get to experience powerful music from this compact device.
5. Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 Subwoofer
Pioneer is a trusted vendor of audio devices and you will find a great deal with the Pioneer TS-SW2502S4. This is designed to be a shallow subwoofer making it more convenient to be used under versatile situations. The subwoofer has a diameter of 10-inches and produces quite an impressive sound without getting in any noise.
Furthermore, the cone is from resin injected with mica which makes it durable. Thus, the subwoofer is receptive to 20 kHz to 125 kHz frequencies. Interestingly, it has a top-mount depth of only 3 1/8-inches.
- A fine feature about this is that it is priced towards the lower end making it a desirable choice.
- Being a shallow subwoofer this device is very compact and weighs only 1 pound.
- This operates at a maximum of 1200watts to give clarity to your experience.
4 .Kenwood KSC-PSW8 250W Subwoofer
A compact subwoofer with a decent bass quality, you cannot find anything better than the Kenwood subwoofer system. This device is designed with small, cramped spaces in mind. The subwoofer can easily fit into small areas such as under the seat. In fact, it is so compact, that you can even add two such subwoofer systems.
Besides, the power outage of this system is 150 watts RMS and has a peak at 250 watts. The subwoofer is no match for an 8-inches but delivers quite an appreciable performance of its own for its size. You need to simply get it to connect it to the car battery while ensuring secure grounding. Thus, you are good to use this subwoofer!
- The high-quality sound is also attributed to the in-built amplifier placed inside the cone of this.
- You do not need to manually control this device since an additional remote comes with the pack. Hence, giving you better control over the subwoofer.
- Weighing 4.5kgs, you will need an extra hand in installing it.
3. Dual Electronics BP1204 Car Subwoofer
If you want a subwoofer that will get you really high-end performance and sound quality, there can be nothing better than the Dual Electronics BP1204. It does come a bit expensive but is loaded with all kinds of features to give the crispiest of bass. The housing holds two 12-inches cones granting you terrific audio at a power outage of 600 watts RMS. Together, the subwoofers have a peak at 1100 watts.
However, it used 2.5 coils and cones which were brushed with metallic aluminum. The Plexiglas covering makes this so much stylish giving you an out of world experience.
- The enclosure which encapsulates the stunning subwoofer is from high-grade medium-density fibreboard. This adds to a reduction in noise and gets you seamless performance.
- Comes with crossover points which make it very easy to connect to the existing speakers in your car.
- For giving the perfect balance of sound and bass, it has been digitally optimized.
2. Pioneer TS-WX1010A Car Subwoofer
The Pioneer TS-WX1010A is a good choice to go for if you are looking for powerful bass without having to give up too much space. This device is backed by the good name of Pioneer and you too will feel very sure about it after listening to it work. This will get you the power of 300 watts and can go all the way up to 1100 watts peak performance. It is sensitive to sound ranges of 0 to 12 dB or 40 to 100 Hz. This ensures that you have higher control over the sound quality.
As a matter of fact, the subwoofer has a compact design. Hence, allowing you to easily install anywhere in the car, be it the cabin, the front or rear, or even under the seats.
- The side panel has a knob to control the bass levels making this subwoofer super handy to use.
- Due to the size of 10-inches, this will not occupy much space.
- This system produces minimal distortion and so giving extreme sound clarity.
1. KICKER 43DCWR122 Bass Package
The housing comes with 2 subwoofers, each with a diameter of 12-inches. The cones are housed in an MDF enclosure. Next, this enclosure is carpeted from within to streamline the sound and keep it crisp. Each other two subwoofers can go all the way up to 1000 watts of power at a 2-ohm impedance. This means that you can expect a total power of 2000 watts out of the two subwoofers.
Finally, the subwoofer system is surrounded by grilles which add an extra level of protection to the subwoofer system.
- The subwoofer is loaded with terminals coated with solid brass. This ensures that you can easily connect it to your car system.
- It even enhances the acoustic efficiency due to the presence of a front-facing tuned port.
What features to see while buying a car subwoofer?
A car’s music system is incomplete without a subwoofer system installed into it. Such a system grants you exceptional bass making the songs so much better, especially when you have gone on a road trip. However, when you are looking to buy a subwoofer there are certain features that you need to carefully monitor. The very first thing to take into account would be the dimensions of the product.
This is important because you want it to fit properly into your car and if you do not get the proper dimensions, it’s going to be a problem. You should then decide the kind of subwoofer system you want. If you are up for light bass, then the larger or dual subwoofers would be a waste of space and money for you.
You should then go for the smaller, compact subwoofer systems. However, if you are very fond of bass then go for a 12-inches subwoofer or one with two 12-inches cones. Lastly, you want to go for a subwoofer system that is easy to install. It will be even better if you could connect it to the existing speakers in your car.
Why is the budget important for a car subwoofer?
If you are considering buying a subwoofer system, you should consider the cost of it. It is better to set a budget before you even start looking and then you should stick to the budget. You will get car subwoofers in all kinds of ranges as is evident from this list alone and it is quite an easy job to find a decent subwoofer at an appreciable price.
What are the best car subwoofers to buy?
This is a list of the best subwoofer systems out there for you and you can buy any one of them and be terribly happy with the results. it simply depends on the kind of subwoofer you want for your car and how much you are willing to spend. This list covers a range of subwoofers at different price brackets and if you are sure to find something to your liking. If you want something else it is better to go for trusted brands such as Pioneer, JBL, MTX, and so on!
Now, your trips will not be boring as the car subwoofer amplifiers will let you enjoy every beat. Feel the music and play your favorite music while enjoying the view.