The parts that go on cabinets are delicate and expensive. Interior design includes things like decorating cabinets like kitchen cabinets. The job of an artist needs a lot of practice. And the drilling is very likely to break the hardware on the cabinets. When drilling into a cabinet, you need to make sure that clean air can get in. This kind of drill bit for cabinets can make a hole with the right angle.
The tip of the drill bit never gives up, and it works in many different parts of your cabinets, such as the knobs, hinges, handles, flat or open areas, and many more. The best drill bit for cabinet hardware will give you ideas and save you money when you want to drill your own cabinet. Since drilling isn’t that hard, you should start today. All you need is the right bait and the right way to do it.
Putting these tools into the cabinet door or drawer lets you know which drill bit fits best. For example, when installing a cabinet door with the most holes to drill, you will have a lot of freedom to make it fit your needs. On the other hand, some drill bits are limited in what they can do, like not having a no-spin shank or a shank that isn’t smooth enough to keep it from slipping.
Table of Contents
Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware
Even though cabinet materials aren’t as hard as steel or PVC, you should still buy a sharp drill bit. Because you can’t push hard with an old or dull drill bit, especially when fixing knobs. Another thing that shouldn’t come with thin-lining is the brad-point. With this in mind, we’re going to tell you about some of the best picks. Let’s get started!
With the best HSS material, a drill bit should have a coating of either cobalt or titanium. A flute that splits at 135 degrees seems to work better and fits in better. Last but not least, you can’t forget that having different shank sizes is another important thing to think about.
So many things affect whether a drill bit for cabinets is bad or good. First, there’s the material that drill bits are made of, the fact that their sizes can vary, and, most importantly, the perfect design of the shank. After sorting through a lot of choices, we’ll talk about 5 different drill bits for cabinet hardware today. With any of them, you can easily make a lot of holes without having to push the bit in so hard.
Dewalt Titanium: Best Drill Bit Set for Cabinets Hardware
- Titanium Flute is great for drilling holes in metal, wood, and plastic.
- The no-spin bar is built into the shank, so it is easy to put on and take off.
- It comes with kits that can be stacked to keep everything in order.
- A clip latch makes sure the door closes securely without any trouble.
DeWalt has made a masterpiece that will never be forgotten. Because it is made of Titanium, it will always be ahead of any drill bit set. You’re going to get the perfect drill bit, which is not only quick and nimble but also strong.
When we looked at it, the 21-piece set was the first thing that stood out to us. We really like how different it is. So, it will need to be fixed and changed in every part of your cabinet. The shank is as smooth as butter, which makes it impossible to slip and fall.
Even hardwoods like oak and pine are easy for the pilot point to cut through. So what? Because it is a common drill bit that can also be used on a steel frame. But the speed is so fast that only an android hand can put the cabinets together, and even the smallest mistake makes the work useless.
What we like
- The best thing about this DeWalt Titanium drill bit is that it is a good investment that saves money. With all its power and accuracy, it fits on the cabinet woodwork, so we recommend this. The shank is sharp and works best when the buck is at its best.
What we didn’t like
- Yes, there are some bad things about it. First of all, the flex is nice, but a bit short. Second, the set of pieces doesn’t go as far as it could, but it’s still easy to use. Last but not least, it is made in China, so don’t expect it to be the best bait.
Hurricane 230 Pieces Titanium Drill Bit for Hardware
- High-speed steel and they work well with wood, plastic, and metal.
- Comes with a plastic storage box to make it easy to put away.
- Comes with a pilot point that has a range of 135 and penetrates quickly while maintaining low pressure.
- All of the pieces are covered with Titanium and can be used in different ways.
This drill bit is made of HSS which is of the highest quality, which is why we put it on our list. Also, the spiral flute splits at 135 degrees, which makes it work well when drilling and fit well when adjusting. We also need to think about what it can be used for. It sounds like it can be used to cut any kind of metal: a drill bit for cast iron, iron, bronze, copper, and hard plastic.
After compatibility, accuracy while cutting, and applications, we move on to the range of pieces. For cutting cabinets, it offers 20 different shank sizes, ranging from 1/2 to 3/54.
What we like
- It is made by a company in Canada, and the 230-piece sets seem to be the most expensive. We found that the way the twist is made stays the same for almost every piece of the shank. It makes it easy for your drill machine to cut at a faster rate.
What we didn’t like
- First, let’s make sure you understand so that your review doesn’t give anyone the wrong idea. This drill bit has a Titanium coating, but it is not made of Titanium, which you can’t expect at this price. The small shanks aren’t as strong as the big ones, which we guess is another problem.
COMOWARE Drill Bit Set for Cabinet Hardware
- It has a great bit holder and can be carried and stored in a variety of ways.
- The 135-degree split point gives you options when chipping and keeps you from having to walk.
- There’s no need to change the drill’s speed settings when working with wood, plastic, or metal.
- It can stand up to heat, so it doesn’t hurt a bit as much.
The Comoware company is one of the best in its field, and they make this Cobalt drill for drilling into wood. The main reason we chose it is that it doesn’t wear down easily. It also lasts for a long time without being stored.
You will find the box useful for storing things and keeping them in order. Let’s not forget to talk about how much it can drill. This bad boy will help you make up to 200 holes in hard steel with the help of a drill.
What we like
- First of all, we were happy to see that it came with up to 13 different sizes of bits. This means that you can definitely use it for cabinet work. After that, when you let your drill bits cut through the hard steel of the kitchen door, it will be easy.
What we didn’t like
- It has a drawback, which you will learn as you work with the metal sheets. To do this, it should come with drill bits that are a bigger size (1/2′′). So the smaller one looks like it would be easy to break.
Metric M42 Cobalt Twist Drill Bits for Cabinets
- The bits resist heat because they are made of 8% cobalt steel.
- You can make the speed go as fast as possible without doing much damage.
- A three-step plan makes it possible to drill holes in steel, wood, and plastic.
- The drill bit can work for hours because it doesn’t chip.
When we talk to many professional DIYers about M42, we find out that they love it because it can be used for so many different things. So, the 19-piece set of drill bits makes sure that all the drilling work gets done, whether it’s through wood or cast iron. For kitchen cabinets, it can make as many holes as you want in a smooth way.
After that, we loved seeing how it was built in 3 steps, which made it quick and flexible. The percentage of cobalt has gone up by 8, and this composite unit helps it stand up to heat. When we look at these two things together, we can be sure that it can speed up 5 times faster than before. Here’s why: the money its users put into it will come back to them for sure.
What we like
- Most cast irons were heavy and thick, which made it hard to drill holes. Here’s why drill bits have three layers: so they can easily cut through any hard metal. Unlike other drill bits, you’ll be able to use this one on more than just metal sheets.
What we didn’t like
- The only bad thing about the bit is how much it costs. But on the other hand, making more holes for the same price will save you money.
Amoolo 1/4″ Cobalt Drill Bit for Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
- The length of the drill bit’s flutes is 69.85 mm, which makes it easy to attach to power drills.
- The bits are made of industrial-grade 6542 high-speed steel, which gives them strength and makes them work better.
- With a split point of 135 degrees, the bit can easily drill straight into metal.
- Because it is fully ground, you will get less heat from friction and more accurate drilling.
Amoolo M35 is one of our most expensive choices. But who would buy this? It will pay for itself quickly. Because this M35 Cobalt High-Speed Steel drill bit is faster, smoother, and makes more holes than many others. Let’s say you need to work for hours without stopping, getting too hot, or losing your edges. You’ll get the best drill bit for cabinet hardware, which will fit easily into most power tools.
The makers added 5% cobalt to the material to make it more resistant to wear and last longer overall. A fully ground spiral groove design gets rid of any metal dust in the middle so you can make fine holes.
What we like
- Most mid-range drill bits have to worry a lot about staying cool during drilling projects. Even though the price isn’t too high, you will get full control, longer cooling time, and better performance. With a flute length of 69.85 mm, users can better handle power tools like drills.
What we didn’t like
- To bring down the temperature at work, you have to add water. Again, even though working with ceramics and high-carbon steel won’t give you a perfect result, it will be better than nothing.
How to Choose the Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware and What to Look for
If you think that drill bits just drill bits, you will get into a lot of trouble. Because there are different kinds of drill bits. Even though customizing cabinets is a type of woodworking, there are still a lot of things going on. What do they mean?
A good example would be a set of drill bits for cabinet hinges. This drill bit won’t get stuck in a cabinet hinge. It turns out that there will be no scar at all. Many of us buy expensive picks with splints made of Titanium, but they still can’t be used on cabinet doors because they mess up the debris.
The best drill bit for kitchen cabinets is one with a cheap brad point that ends in a small point. So, this point keeps the drill bit from moving or drifting once drilling starts.
Last but not least, there may be a lot of different best drill bit sizes, but if it doesn’t keep the 3/16″ size, don’t even borrow it from a friend.
How to Put Cabinet Hardware Together?
When you change the style of your kitchen cabinets, you’ll need to think about where to keep a few tools. After that, think about how much money you’ll need for the whole project.
For instance, if you want to change the knobs, you should unscrew the broken ones and put the new ones in their place. Also, there are a lot of other things you may need to change as well. We’ll show you how to install cabinet hardware from start to finish in the steps below.
You’ll need these:
- Ruler or tape measure
- Use a 3/16-inch twist bit to drill.
1. Find out how the door knobs work
A lot of us don’t know where to put knobs. There is no rule of thumb that says to do this. But you can put it up to 2 and 1/2 inches away from the center door. To do this, measure the stile and divide the area by two to find the middle.
By the way, if it’s about a Cabinets Slab door without stiles and rails, you can also plan to put the knobs there. Keep the same distance as we said about the middle, but change where you put it, which is on the side of the door.
2. Create a Template
If you want to set up two knobs at once, you can do it easily by measuring each time. But if you have to install a lot of knobs, it would be easy to make a template. We suggest that you use the cardboard template here. By the way, if you want handle-style pull knobs, the cardboard style template is your best bet.
3 Position Knob Location.
If you decide to use cardboard, let’s find out how to put the knob in the right place. A hammer will come in handy for doing this. You will push the nail into the other side of it to trap it and mark the door.
After you mark it, you can pull it out with the nailing point, and your drilling machine will finish the job.
4. Make the hole.
First of all, we should learn that a knob screw needs a hole that is 3/16″ in diameter. We’ve already marked where to drill, so you just need to snap the right size drill bits and let your drill machine go in. Lastly, don’t buy the wrong drill bit for a set of cabinet hardware that is missing a piece.
5. Fix the handle.
You already dug a nice hole, so all you need to do now is bring two screws. Also, there are two kinds of screws, one for the cabinet doors and one for the drawer boxes.
The shorter one goes on the door, and the longer one goes on the boxes inside the drawers. First, put the short one back together. To do this, just put it back in place and then use the screwdriver. Again, tighten the screws on the inside of the drawer boxes.
Questions and Answers about the Best Drill Bit for Cabinet Hardware
How big should the hole be for the cabinet hardware?
It depends on which screw will go inside the which hole. But the recommended drill bit size is 3/16″ which easily allows 8/32″ screws to penetrate. To fit right into the hole without binding, it must be the right size.
How do I drill holes for the hardware on my cabinets?
Mark the spot where the hole will go before you start drilling. Then, attach a drill bit that fits the size of your screw, and make a hole in the area you marked.
Where do you drill holes for cabinet knobs?
Most knobs are in the middle of the door, so you’ll need to drill holes in the middle. But some knobs are still next to the boxes, and the setup is unique.
Should I put pulls or knobs on my kitchen cabinets?
There is no general rule about whether pulls or knobs are better. However, a common practice with them is to use knobs for doors and to use pulls for drawers.
Use the best drill bit for hardware in cabinets.
So, this review has come to an end. You should now know which drill is best for drilling into cabinet hardware. The last thing I want to say is that you should never buy a drill bit that slips a little because it will scratch your beautiful cabinets. Another thing to look for is the range of the drill bit set. You can choose any of the drill bits we’ve talked about above. Just make sure it won’t break the bank.