For home improvement projects, you need a tool that can do a lot of things, is easy to use, and gets the job done well without costing a lot of money. Paint sprayers that don’t need air can do all of these things. No longer are paint brushes and rollers the only tools available for home improvement projects. Using an airless paint sprayer, you can easily update key furniture pieces and kitchen cabinets. Once you know all about this very useful DIY tool, it’s easy to find the best paint sprayer that doesn’t use air. Our guide will help you find the best airless paint sprayer for your needs.
Best Airless Paint Sprayers Review
1. Graco Airless Paint Sprayer
Our top pick comes from a company that has been making household and industrial equipment for decades. The Magnum X5 from Graco is a durable and flexible airless paint sprayer that can be used both inside and outside. It has a lot of great features, like stainless steel piston pumps and pressure that can be changed at any time. This small tool is great for all sorts of small and medium-sized DIY projects, like fixing up fences and painting old furniture.
You can use the Magnum X5 on many different stains, even heavy latex, without worrying about the suction tube getting clogged. This tube lets you spray straight from any gallon, no matter how big or small. Some places are very hard to get to and need an extra-long hose to get to. This model was made with this problem in mind, and you can connect any hose that is no longer than 75 feet.
- Adjustable pressure paint sprayer
- Made of steel that won’t rust
- It’s easy to clean with a garden hose.
- Duraflex paint hose
- Flexible suction tube
- Reversible tip
- Easy to put together and use.
- Clogging issues
- Better for use in the outdoors
2. Graco Paint Sprayer
The Graco Magnum X7 is an airless sprayer that uses high pressure to spray thick paint in a matter of seconds. The high-pressure piston pump is the key to painting quickly and well, and to getting the job done in just one pass. Different projects need different paints and stains, so you need a spray gun that will work with any paint you use. The durable stainless-steel piston is another part of this product that helps it last for a long time.
The X7 is a tool that can be used all year long and is easy to move around the house without having to go back to the garage to get more supplies. The five-gallon container is big and useful, as are the two wheels that move it around.
- The 3000 PSI piston pump is made of stainless steel.
- A wheeled cart with a 5-gallon container that can be moved around
- Full control over the paint because the pressure can be changed.
- It has a strong 25-foot hose and a tip that can be turned around.
- Simple to clean
- Easy to move around
- Very sharp point
- Some thick coats can stop the sprayer from working.
3. Wagner Spraytech Paint Sprayer
The Wagner airless paint sprayer is another great product from a well-known company that makes a lot of products that are easy to use. It’s Flexio 890 is a must-have for homeowners with an eye for detail and weekend warriors who need a light tool with many useful features. When it comes to remodeling important parts of the house, like kitchen cabinets, time is of the essence. This model helps you save time and paint because it covers a large area with little overspray.
You will also get a hose that is 11.5 feet long so that you can paint hard-to-reach places without putting extra strain on your arm. You can choose between the spray nozzle and the Detail Finish nozzle. The first one is great for painting large areas, and the second one is a must-have for painting your favorite chairs and other key pieces around the house to a perfect finish.
- A portable sprayer with a strong motor
- Horizontal and vertical spray pattern
- There are two different nozzles for different uses.
- The 11.5-foot hose makes it easier to reach.
- Patterns and airflow can be changed.
- Better flow of air
- Different thicknesses
- Handle is awkward
- It’s hard to open the container.
4. HomeRight Airless Spray Gun
The HomeRight Flo Pro 2800 airless spray gun is made by a company that has been making products for home care and painting for more than 25 years. Home improvement projects that take a lot of time and effort need the right tools, and the Flo Pro was made with that in mind. This tool is very useful because you can use it to paint with unthinned latex and oil-based paints, stains, and sealers. When it comes to spray painting, pressure is very important.
The Flo Pro has 2800 PSI and a pressure control knob that lets you control the flow of paint. With this feature, you can spray with more accuracy and less waste. The tip can also be turned around, which can help if it gets clogged while painting. The size of the gallon is also not a problem, since the sprayer can be used with both one-gallon and five-gallon containers.
- The sprayer is made of chrome and has a pressure of 2800 PSI.
- Includes a strong 25-foot hose for getting to hard-to-reach places
- A tip that can be turned around to solve clogging problems
- The pressure knob lets you choose the best pattern.
- Sprays latex and oil-based paints, stains, and sealers that have not been thinned.
- Stable and durable design
- Easy to use and effective
- Easy to put together
- Some paints still need to be thinned.
- It can be hard to follow instructions.
5. Graco Magnum Airless Paint Sprayer
The Graco Magnum painter plus sprayer is also a good choice for do-it-yourselfers who want a cheap and easy-to-use tool for their weekend hobbies and home improvement projects. This clever design lets you use up to 50 gallons of water per year to do professional work around the house. The Painter Plus can be used to paint your fence or your dining room. The tip can be turned around, and the pressure can be changed to get a perfect finish on any surface.
The metal spray gun comes with a 25-foot hose so you can reach surfaces that are hard to get to and spray furniture from all angles without having to drag the container behind you. The high-pressure pump is also very important, and it has to be there for even coverage in just one pass. The Graco airless paint sprayer has extra spaces where you can store the spray gun and its parts.
- The stainless steel piston pump delivers 2800 PSI
- Ideal for spraying paint straight from the bucket that hasn’t been thinned.
- Can be used with both small 1-gallon containers and big 5-gallon ones.
- Pressure can be changed by hand by turning a knob.
- The garden hose makes it easy to clean.
- A 50-foot hose is very useful.
- Storage compartments available
- An adapter for garden hoses is included.
- Clogging issues
6. Titan Tool Airless Sprayer
The Control Max from Titan Tool makes it easy to control the flow of paint and spray straight from the container, even if the paint hasn’t been thinned. This model is great for both indoor and outdoor projects because it cuts down on overspray and has a clever system that keeps you from wasting paint. With a tip that makes a 10-inch spray pattern, you can paint up to 0.33 gallons per minute.
This tip is meant to help you get a smooth finish no matter what material you use. Not even the size of the gallon. The Control Max works at 1500 PSI and comes with a 30-foot hose that can be extended to 80 feet.
- All metal spray gun operates at 1500 PSI
- Up to 0.33 gallons of paint per minute.
- HEA system reduces overspray
- For better consistency, the tip makes a soft spray pattern.
- Comes with a 30 ft. hose that can be extended.
- Easy to put together
- Minimal overspray
- Problems with starting up
- Can get clogged easily
7. Graco Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer
The Graco paint sprayer is a good alternative to bigger paint guns because it is small and easy to carry. This model is better for small projects that you can do yourself. It has two pressure speeds and two spray patterns. Depending on the material and surface, you can choose the speed and pattern that you like best. The plastic container on this hand-held tool can be replaced or thrown away, depending on your preference.
This Graco product makes it easy to paint your bathroom cabinets or even your kitchen table. You can choose between two tips. The FFLP tip uses low pressure to deliver a better finish with less overspray, while the reversible tip makes it easy to unclog.
- Triple piston pump and dual air pressure
- There is a knob to change the spray pattern.
- There are two spray tips for different paints and uses.
- FlexLiner bag system makes it easy to clean.
- Easy to maintain
- Does not need batteries
- Only good for small tasks
- Small paint container
8. Krause & Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
Our last choice is a complete kit that can be used to spray paint that has not been thinned. The pressure can be changed from 1000 PSI to 3000 PSI. The Krause and Becker kit have a lot of features, like a high-pressure piston pump and a practical twist knob that lets you control the pressure. Because the motor is so strong, you can go straight from small one-gallon containers to larger five-gallon ones.
The spray gun is also easy to clean and keep up with this design because it has a trigger lock. This kit isn’t heavy at all and can be used both inside and outside. The unit itself is made of heavy-duty stainless steel that doesn’t rust, and the gun has a filter to get rid of debris that can be found in some paints.
- Made of steel that won’t rust
- 1000 PSI – 3000 PSI adjustable pressure knob
- High-pressure piston pump to make sure coverage is consistent
- Trigger-lock design makes it easier to clean.
- How to control pressure and flow
- Can be used on surfaces both up and down
- Problems with overspray, especially inside
9. XtremepowerUS 650W High Pressure Airless Paint Sprayer
The XtremepowerUS 650W High-Pressure Airless Paint Sprayer is cheap, but it works like a pro. The parts are easy to take off and clean, and the 25-foot hose doesn’t kink, so you can get to your painting project and work on larger areas. The machine comes with nozzles that can be changed, so you can use the one that works best for the job. The sprayer weighs less than 20 pounds and has a handle, which makes it easy to move around. Another great thing about it is that it is easy to use.
It takes paint straight from a one-gallon or five-gallon can, so it doesn’t spill as much paint. The 3000 PSI pressure from the 650-watt motor is enough to cover large areas quickly and well. Overall, it’s a good choice that doesn’t cost much and doesn’t require a lot of money.
- Removable parts
- hose 25 feet long
- 650-watt engine
- 3000 PSI
- No tires
- Not a big name.
10. Graco Ultra Max II 490 PC Pro Electric Airless Paint Sprayer
You need a professional paint sprayer if you are a professional builder. The Ultra Max II 490 PC Pro lets you change the speed of the motor depending on the project and has higher levels of flow and production. It has a piston pump that is built to last twice as long as some other models, and the quick access intake valve makes it easier to clean with less water and less time. The machine can measure gallons, hours, and pressure, and it can also help you figure out what’s wrong. With the BlueLink management system, you can keep track of your progress.
The MaxPower brushless DC motor doesn’t need any maintenance and comes with a lifetime warranty. Also, the machine has a kickstand, so it only takes one person to change the bucket.
- Motor speed can be changed
- Durable piston pump
- For use in the workplace
- Diagnostic support
- shows how you’re doing
- Simple to clean
- Some parts have a warranty for life.
- Costs a lot.
- Bigger than the other choices
11. Dusichin Airless Spray Gun
The DUS 036 is a good choice for homeowners who want a tool for their DIY projects that won’t break the bank. The non-slip handle makes it easier to hold onto the gun, and most airless paint sprayers can use it. The high 3600 pressure lets you cover more surface area and work faster without sacrificing quality. The fine atomization also makes sure that the finish is perfect, and the tip is made of brass to make it last longer.
Inside the gun is a 100-mesh filter that gets rid of any dirt or other particles to improve the finish of any surface. This product was made to last and is made of stainless steel.
- 3600 PSI, made of stainless steel, works.
- Brass is used to making the reversible tip last longer.
- Includes a 100-mesh filter to remove dirt.
- Compatible with most spray paints that don’t need air.
- Gun head made of metal with a four-finger trigger
- Simple to clean
- Can’t be used on its own
- Leakage issues reported
12. Wagner Spraytech Airless Paint Sprayer
This Wagner paint sprayer doesn’t need air to work. Instead, it uses a piston pump, which is much more professional and saves time than using a paintbrush. The EZ Tilt design and dual tip, along with the fan-shaped pattern, make sure that the finish is always perfect. You can spray paint all kinds of furniture and surfaces at any angle with this feature. This model is very useful for beach house owners who want to paint their shutters and doors that have become worn over time.
It can also be used to fix up pool houses and garages. Also, the tube will work no matter which way the spray gun is pointed. The dual tip, on the other hand, lets you apply paint precisely and makes a low-pressure vacuum that is the basis of even coverage.
- High-speed applications of suction tube technology
- Paints and stains are sprayed in different ways.
- Both horizontal and vertical painting can be done with this brush.
- Comes with a 1-quart cup that is easy to refill.
- Not easy to clean
Best Airless Paint Sprayer Buying Guide & Frequently Asked Questions
There are a lot of paint sprayers on the market today, and each one has its own features and specifications. Knowing the difference between them will help you decide which type of airless tool you need to add to your DIY toolbox. People who like to upgrade and remodel their homes every year will have different needs than people who only have time for small projects inside.
This guide will answer some of the most common questions people have about this important tool for home improvement. This will help you make a smart choice when you go shopping for a new airless sprayer.
This is a very important thing to think about because it can affect your project directly. GPM, which stands for gallons per minute, is something that every spray gun has. The more surface area you can cover, the higher the number. Before you buy an airless paint sprayer, you should pay attention to how much paint it can spray.
Source of power
You should also pay attention to the power source since it can either help you move around while using this tool or get in the way. With an airless sprayer that runs on batteries, you don’t have to worry about being close to an electric outlet. If your sprayer is battery-powered, you don’t have to worry about tripping over power cables or watching where you step. If a homeowner wants an electric sprayer, they can choose one with a long cable that lets them work from any angle without having to switch outlets.
High performance means having a strong motor that will help you get a smooth surface and good coverage in one pass on any surface. So, you should look at the horsepower of every airless sprayer you find and pick the one that works best for you. If you value your time and don’t want to give up on quality, you should always think about horsepower.
Length of Hose
Homeowners who need to paint fences, tall garage doors, or two-story homes will notice the difference when they use a longer hose. Many well-known and good brands make hoses that can be extended to reach up to 80 feet. This will help you in the long run, especially if you need to cover a large area without dragging heavy gallons behind you.
Before you buy an airless sprayer, you need to think about how much you need to spray each week. Because of how much paint is needed each week, there needs to be a tool that can meet this need. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck with a sprayer that can only be used for easy DIY projects. Keep in mind that the type of sprayer you need will also depend on how thick or smooth the lacquer is.
This is a very important thing to think about, and it will help the painting go more smoothly and easily. Some brands come with two or more tips, and each tip has a different pattern that helps control paint flow and cut down on overspray. Small tips are best for small to medium jobs, while larger tips are better for applying primers and other coatings. Some tips are very sharp and small enough to be used for small jobs and give a perfect finish.
For hard-to-reach places, you may also need tip extensions, which you can buy separately or as a set. Tip extensions also work well in places with high ceilings and nice foyers. If you want to know what to use with your airless sprayer, you can always look at the product data sheet for the paint you want to use.
Filters are also important for a smoother finish because they remove any debris or other small particles that may have gotten into the sprayer. If your go-to airless sprayer has a good mesh filter, it will also be less likely to get clogged. If your sprayer gets clogged, the paint will be affected right away, which could hurt your work. A clogged filter can also cause paint to splatter and damage the finish.
Benefits of paint sprayers that don’t use air
No longer do you have to use brushes or rollers to paint walls and furniture. Thanks to the versatile airless paint sprayer, you can now finish your DIY projects quickly and without worrying about making a mess. Homeowners who have set a deadline for themselves need a reliable and effective tool to help them reach their goals without sacrificing quality. Airless paint sprayers are a great alternative to paint rollers, which can be hard to use and leave awful streaks on the walls.
Painting your walls and other surfaces to perfection makes a huge difference in how your house looks and feels as a whole. With the right airless sprayer, it’s easy to get this even texture. Many people who like to do things themselves are tired of using brushes and rollers that don’t work as well as they should. With high pressure and pattern control, you can get even coverage on all kinds of textured walls and even furniture. The extra benefit of a large gallon is that it keeps the flow going without stopping for refills all the time.
The best thing about airless sprayers is that they don’t use pressure to push paint through the nozzle. This makes them different from old tools that tend to spray too much paint and get paint all over your floors. In place of compression, there is a long hose that pulls the paint out of the container and sends it straight to the tip. This method is like using a pressure washer to clean your car.
This is another benefit to add to the list, and most of the airless sprayers in our guide can be carried or rolled from one place to another. If you use large gallons that are otherwise very heavy to carry, this great feature will definitely help. This feature is also good for weekend warriors who want to fix up their beach house or mountain cabin. No matter how big your trunk is, portable sprayers are easy to store and move. Some are small enough to fit in suitcases or duffel bags.
How to Use a Paint Sprayer Without Air
Most paint sprayers that don’t need air are easy to use and come with clear instructions on how to use the different knobs and tips. Some are simple, while others are a bit more complicated and give you more control over pressure, pattern, and flow. Here are some tips for getting the most out of your new airless tool.
- If you are painting your walls with an airless sprayer, start at the top corners and work your way down to the middle.
- If you spray too much paint in one area by accident, don’t be afraid to use a regular brush to spread out the extra paint.
- Before moving on to other walls in the room, start by spray painting the walls near the windows. Don’t tilt the sprayer to avoid an uneven finish, and always point it straight at the surface you want to paint.
- Pay close attention to the three-digit number on the tips. This number will help you tell the difference between different patterns and find the right tip size for the surface. The tip was made to fit right into the sprayer’s front end.
- Using the right amount of pressure will help you avoid overspray and protect the sprayer tips so they stay in great shape.
- Keep the sprayer 10 to 12 inches away from the surface you want to paint.
- To release pressure, make sure the power button is off and the sprayer is set to prime mode. Point the gun at the side of any trash can nearby and pull the trigger to release the pressure. This step needs to be done right after priming the pump and before putting paint in the hose.
- By turning the tip 180 degrees and squeezing the trigger, you can easily clear out the clog. Before you start painting again, don’t forget to put the tip back where it was.
Best Airless Paint Sprayer FAQ:
What is a paint sprayer that doesn’t use air? How does it work?
A paint sprayer that doesn’t use air is a popular tool for both home improvement and professional use. It has many advantages over paint brushes and rollers. Every airless sprayer has a motorized pump and a hose that moves the paint from the container to the gun, where it is forced out of the tip by high pressure. This causes the pressure inside the tube to rise, which causes the paint to spray out.
Q: Do sprayers that don’t use air use more paint?
This will depend on the type of airless sprayer you use and how you paint. Most of the time, these sprayers will use about 40% more paint than brushes or rollers. So, yes is the answer.
Q: How hard is it for someone who has never used an airless sprayer before?
There is a reason why people from all walks of life who like to do their own projects have an airless sprayer. Airless sprayers are easy to use, and all you have to do to get used to the different tips and spray patterns is read the instructions and practice on a piece of cardboard.
How do I clean my paint sprayer that doesn’t use air?
When you’re done painting for the day, you need to get rid of any leftover paint so it doesn’t dry and get harder to clean the next day. Paints that dissolve in water are easy to clean up with lukewarm water. Thinners are used to get rid of oil-based paints. Both the suction tube and the sprayer need to be soaked in a bucket of flushing fluid.