For slicing tree limbs from a tree or tearing off an old roof, reciprocating saw blades are the ideal piece of woodworking equipment. The experience, however, can be risky and annoying if you don’t spend money on the best reciprocating saw blades for trees. Therefore, doing a little study can help you save money while also enabling a straight and smooth cut through trees without bending or becoming dull.
The top 6 reciprocating saw blades for cutting through wood, metal, plastic, and other materials for both indoor and outdoor use are included in this guide. Along with an informed purchase guide, the manual also offers some safety advice and a way to repair defective reciprocating saw blades. Let’s finish your assignment and spend the money on the best reciprocating saw blades for trees.
Table of Contents
Best Reciprocating Saw Blades for Trees
1. DEWALT 10-Piece Reciprocating Saw Blades for Trees
- The kit comes with 10 interchangeable reciprocating saw blades of various sizes that can be used for cutting wood, heavy metal, and other materials.
- These HSS and carbon steel reciprocating saw blades for cutting trees have a cutting edge that is more robust and has better flexibility.
- The saw blades are packaged in a sturdy plastic holder to keep them organized.
- These reciprocating saw blades have strengthened teeth that can withstand nails and other hard things while still making a clean, forceful cut.
These DEWALT reciprocating saw blades are undoubtedly the best blades for cutting trees. This DEWALT Reciprocating Saw Blades set includes all the necessary components for the greatest saw blade set for a DIY enthusiast or fixer-upper, including the color option, developed materials, size, and TPI (teeth per inch) variety. This bi-metal saw blade set has a yellow finish and is constructed of a mix of carbon steel and HSS.
As a result, the handyman will be more flexible and durable when handling wood and metal, and the color yellow offers better visibility in low light. This reputable manufacturer of DIY tools also excels at providing outstanding customer service, which elevates its brand to a higher level.
2. BOSCH: Best Reciprocating Saw Blade for Wood and Trees
- These reciprocating saw blades are made of bi-metal and feature a reinforced cutting edge to withstand the intense heat produced by the prolonged operation.
- This adaptable package, which comprises various reciprocating saw blade types and shapes, can be used for demolition, metal, and wood projects.
- These reciprocating saw blades have 5/8 variable-pitch teeth for a smoother start and quicker cutting.
- These reciprocating saw blades with integrated bi-metal structures are the ideal option for nail-cutting wood.
Not all reciprocating saw blades can cut through longer pieces of wood and recover their original shape after being bent. But with this BOSCH Reciprocating Saw Blade Set, you can effectively chop through trees with a diameter of 3′′ to 6′′. The excellent craftsmanship ensures that even if it bends, you can easily return it to its original shape.
This package has seven reciprocating saw blades with a 6 TPI tooth configuration for faster cutting and longer blade life. The DIYer can have the same woodcutting experience each time they attempt it because even the saw blades maintain their sharpness for a very long period.
3. Caliastro 12-Inch Reciprocating Saw Blades for Pruning Trees
- For quicker woodcutting, these pruning saw blades are designed with strong, high-quality carbon steel.
- The 1.4 mm thick reciprocating blades guarantee a straight line cut while minimizing vibration.
- When cutting bigger trees, the blade’s width makes them extremely strong and able to bear intense heat.
- The kit is packaged in a sturdy and practical case for transport and storage.
We conducted research and discovered that the best reciprocating saw for cutting and pruning sago palm plants is one with Caliastro reciprocating saw blades. Five 12-inch long, 5 TPI wood pruning blades are included in the set. These blades are ideal for trimming broader trees and cutting them well without wearing them out.
Additionally, we discover that these reciprocating blades are incredibly flexible and not brittle. Therefore, you can cut through even the tree roots at the base. Although these saw blades may cut the wood quickly and easily, it is preferable to move at a moderate speed in order to keep a straight line.
4. HORUSDY 12-Inch Reciprocating Saw Blades
- These reciprocating blades are made of tough, tempered HCS material and are perfect for both pruning and timber demolition.
- These reciprocating saw blades feature a cutting edge 5 TPI design that makes them ideal for quick and efficient wood cutting.
- These reciprocating saw blades for tree trimming are designed with an ultra-hardened cutting edge to withstand high pressure and heat.
- For a quicker cutting task, while maintaining the blade angle, reciprocating saw blades have an incredibly sharp tip.
You can cut the tree in a tight corner with the help of these HORUSDY Reciprocating Saw Blades, which work with practically all reciprocating saws. Similarities between this pruning saw blade set and the first set include the TPI design, the number of components, and even the carrying case.
The difference is that this reciprocating saw blade set, which is constructed of HCS material and is unexpectedly less expensive than the previous set, makes it the best affordable reciprocating saw blade for trees. The orange hue of the blades, which makes them very noticeable in a dim environment, is another fascinating change.
5. DEWALT Reciprocating Saw Blades for Trees
- These reciprocating saw blades will maximize chip removal for more effective cutting thanks to a proprietary tooth shape design.
- The saw blades are tall and substantial enough to make a clean cut through the heavy metal and wood.
- The reciprocating blades have a tough cutting edge thanks to bi-metal engineering, and the housing is robust enough to endure demolition operations.
- This adaptable set of reciprocating saw blades works well on drywall, wood, plastic, metal, and other materials.
Another flexible reciprocating saw blade set from the well-known DEWALT brand is included in our list. But this time, the package costs less and comes with 6 reciprocating saw blades, as predicted. Nevertheless, the TPI designs of the saw blades in the set differ, making them suited for both cutting metal and wood.
Patents for dental shapes are a noteworthy feature. It implies that the method of chip removal will be improved to provide better cutting performance, making it the best reciprocating saw blade for wood.
6. Caliastro 9-Inch Reciprocating Saw Blades
- These reciprocating saw bladders, which include five teeth per inch, are ideal for tearing and shearing through green and wet wood.
- The saw blades are made of durable carbon steel for a cutting performance that is rapid and smooth.
- The blades are packaged in a reliable, transparent holder that keeps them safe and neatly ordered.
To handle the same branch size if 12 inches is too long for you, purchase this set of Caliastro reciprocating saw blades. Five reciprocating saw blades in this set, each 9 inches long and built of durable carbon steel to perform woodcutting and pruning tasks. More crucially, compared to regular, higher blades, the saw blades won’t shake as much. However, the reciprocating blades are adaptable yet sturdy enough to effectively cut through the tree from an odd angle.
Buying Guides for the Best Reciprocating Saw Blades for Trees
Due to the continued popularity, a huge number of manufacturers enter the market, making it difficult to select the best reciprocating saw blade. You can choose the greatest reciprocating saw blades, nevertheless, by keeping these crucial characteristics in mind for three reasons:
Choose a blade that is more durable than the cutting surface, provided that the material permits it. Four different types of reciprocating saw blades are appropriate for cutting through trees. Let’s look at it quickly:
Blades made of High-Carbon Steel (HCS) are the softest and least expensive; they can bend without breaking, but they soon become blunt. The blade works well with plastic, particle boards, and wood.
Blades made of high-speed steel (HSS) are strong, heat-resistant, yet brittle and prone to breaking under stress. The blades are still perfect for metal, aluminum, and oak.
Bi-Metal Blades are ideal for cutting through both wood and metal since they are flexible, strong, heat resistant, and constructed of a combination of carbon steel and HSS.
Reciprocating blades can range in length from 3 to 12 inches; shorter blades result in more rigid and aggressive cutting. Longer blades work best for cutting softwood, hardwood, and pruning, while shorter blades are ideal for chopping and slicing. Make sure the blade is 3′′ longer than the cutting material when determining the length based on the cutting surface.
Wider reciprocating blades are used for heavy-duty applications because they are more robust and provide a straighter edge. To handle the majority of the car industry and demolition operations, stick with a reciprocating blade that is 0.75′′ to 1′′ wide.
A reciprocating blade’s thickness, which is suited for light to heavy-duty application, ranges from 0.035 inches to 0.062 inches. Choose thicker blades over thinner ones as they can withstand more load pressure and exhibit less vibration. For use by fire and rescue services, thicker blades are appropriate since they can cut larger and denser materials.
Toughness per Inch (TPI)
Reciprocating blades range in tooth density from 3 to 24, with lower tooth densities producing a rougher cut and higher densities producing a smoother finish. For both wood and metal, a reciprocating blade with 12 to 18 teeth per inch is preferable.
What are the benefits of purchasing reciprocating saw blades?
Almost anything can be sliced through with a reciprocating saw’s strength. But for the finest results, it needs some of the best reciprocating saw blades. For cutting lumber for carpentry or chopping branches off trees for good gardening, these integrated tools are the ideal option. The strongest material is used to make reciprocating saw blades, which produces a cut that is strong enough to cut through metal tubing or nails.
Even some reciprocating saw blades have the flexibility needed to efficiently cut through tiles and stone. This indicates that reciprocating saw blades are a highly adaptable tool that can handle a variety of tasks.
The length of its blade is another noteworthy benefit. The reciprocating saw blade is long enough to efficiently cut wider and larger materials. For both light and heavy-duty cutting jobs on a variety of surfaces, the overall reciprocating saw blade is a wise investment.
How Can I Get a Broken Reciprocating Saw Blade Out of a Saw?
No matter how resilient it is, a reciprocating saw blade can malfunction while in use. Therefore, knowing how to swap out damaged reciprocating saw blades might be useful in this circumstance.
Power off the saw before starting any procedures. Remove the finger from the trigger and unplug the saw, or remove the battery if it is cordless. Verify the location of the blade’s break. In the majority of cases, it occurs close to the attachment point.
Once the location has been identified, inspect the area to see if there are any loose parts, sharp edges, or dented materials that need to be first removed. You will have a secure grasp point if the blade brakes far from the attachment point. Lift the blade out of the saw and gradually release the lock feature.
If it breaks close to the connection point, on the other hand, you won’t have the necessary safety hold. Therefore, you will have to disable the lock feature and shake the blade to release it. If the broken blade won’t budge, use WD-40 or a toothpick to finish the task. Replace the reciprocating blade, they properly lock the mechanism.
Guidelines for Safety When Using Reciprocating Saw Blades
Operating reciprocating saw blades is highly perilous, especially for inexperienced DIYers, thus extra caution and padding are needed. Keep these precautions in place while using such a dangerous tool:
- Use a sharp reciprocating saw blade at all times since a dull blade demands more pressure, which raises the temperature and results in a creak.
- Before handling the reciprocating saw, put on protective gloves to protect your fingertips from the heated blade.
- The eyes will be shielded from flying wood chips and other pollutants by safety glass.
- Keep the saw base firmly in touch with the object you are cutting.
- Let the saw blade reach its maximum power before beginning to cut.
- Keep a safe distance between yourself and the workpiece you are cutting.
- Avoid attempting to fasten or remove the saw blade from the hole while it is still moving.
Questions and Answers on the Best Tree Saw Blades
Can trees be chopped with a reciprocating saw?
Branches and limbs can be chopped with a reciprocating saw. A small tree can also be felled using it. Cut through stationary material using these power instruments, in particular.
Which reciprocating saw blades are the best?
Due to their teeth design, toughness, and flexibility, DEWALT reciprocating saw blades are the best available. These saw blades can quickly and smoothly cut through a range of materials while keeping a smooth line.
How do you pick a good reciprocating saw?
A suitable investment would be a reciprocating saw with a 3000 SPM and a minimum stroke length of 1-1/8′′. You can choose from a variety of compact and cordless devices to benefit from increased portability. However, cordless reciprocating saws are ideal for operating in confined spaces despite their lack of speed and stroke length.
What other common names for a reciprocating saw are there?
This reciprocating saw is also known as a “hognose saw” or a “recip saw” by certain do-it-yourselfers. The saw’s big blade and aligned handle enable it to be used perfectly and without difficulty on vertical surfaces, which encourages the DIYer to think about such a name.
Does a blade for a reciprocating saw fit in any saws?
Yes, every reciprocating saw blade has the same shank design so that it may suit any reciprocating saw. It indicates that while the blade’s size can vary, all reciprocating saw blades have the same size shank and the same mounting procedure.
When coupled with a saw, reciprocating saw blades are an affordable, adaptable, and practical tool that can cut down entire trees. Consequently, investing in the best reciprocating saw blades for trees is advantageous for both gardening and home renovation projects.
We have discussed enough reciprocating saw blade variants in this guide. Therefore, I hope you have the best set for your forthcoming branch-cutting endeavor.